2021 EF Global Education Symposium Scholarship:
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application for the 2021 EF Global Education Symposium Scholarship, all applicants represent that they are over the age of 18 and that they have read and agree to the following Term and Conditions:
- The 2021 Global Education Symposium Scholarship is open to educators who work with students enrolled in grades 6 - 12 (secondary level) and who maintain that role through the date of the Symposium. Symposium spots will be awarded at EF’s sole discretion based on the completion and review of the online application and an interview with an EF representative.
- The cost of admission to the Symposium is included for accepted participants.EF-arranged and/or provided round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations and select meals are included for participants selected to attend in person.EF reserves the right in its sole discretion to offer in-person participation to select applicants based on their application, personal preference, and other factors.
- For those participants selected to attend the in-person event, the following costs are NOT included in the scholarship and are the sole responsibility of the participant:
- Public transportation and/or taxis to/from the airport and free time activities
- Incidental costs incurred at hotels
- Select meals
All included airfare and hotel accommodations must be arranged and booked through EF. EF will not reimburse the costs of individually booked airfare or hotels.
- Cancellation fees for in-person attendees: Participants accepted to the in-person event will be required to provide a credit card number to confirm and hold their space.No cancellation fees will apply if a participant informs EF of their withdrawal more than 30 days before the event start date.If a participant withdraws from the in-person event with less than 30 days’ notice to EF, the participant will be charged a cancellation fee of $500 to help offset the fees associated with canceling your flight and hotel bookings within one month of the program date. Your card will NOT be charged if you accept the scholarship and attend the in-person event.
- EF will have the right to photograph the scholarship winners, and submission of an application constitutes the applicant’s permission for EF to use their names, pictures, likenesses, school’s name and city and state of residence(s) in advertising for no compensation.
- Only scholarship recipients themselves may participate in the program, and EF will not be responsible for any travel arrangements for guests.
- The schedule, speakers and EF’s ability and capability to hold the event in person are subject to change.EF shall have no liability to Participants in the event that EF decides, in its sole discretion, to modify the in-person event (including the dates and location of the event) or to cancel the event for any reason.
- By submitting an application, Participants agree to follow all directions and requirements that EF provides related to the virtual or in-person events.These include, but are not limited to, requirements that any in-person attendees certify compliance with certain health-related conditions in advance of the event or during each day of the event and may include in-person attendees receiving and having documented proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Liability Waiver.In accepting a Scholarship and participating in the Symposium, Participants agree to release and hold harmless EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc., along with its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated entities, officers, directors, employees, and contractors, and the owner or lessor of any locations where an in-person event occurs from and against any and all claims, damages, liability or costs of any kind, including but not limited to, any liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur to you during or after the Symposium period, including during or after any travel undertaken as part of the Symposium.Participants agree that this release applies to and binds participants personal representatives, executors, heirs, and family.