Training Tour Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to full and part-time teachers, faculty or administrators at the middle school, junior high school, or senior high school level, who sign up online, through phone or business reply mail,and who are 21 as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, agree to accept the decisions of EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on July 8th, at 9:00am EST and ending December 31st, at 5:00pm EST. All entries must be received by December 31st, 2021 at 5:00pm EST.
4. How to Enter: To enter, contestants should either call EF Educational Tours at 1-800-637-8222 or EF Explore America at 1-800-503-2323 and express interest in the contest, visit eftours.com or efexploreamerica.com or send in a postage-paid business reply card entry form. The entry must all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America. Contestants may not enter more than once.
5. Prizes: One winner (21 years of age or older) will be selected to win an EF Training Tour. The winner will be able to select their preferred Training Tour from a list of eligible locations and dates provided by EF. The trip includes all program, and departure fees (including roundtrip airfare, up to 3 nights overnight stays in hotels, and select meals, all elements to be selected and booked by EF Educational Tours, or its affiliates). The prize does not include any optional fees, insurance fees, money for gratuities, meals other than the select ones provided, or additional optional travel. The tour must be taken by September 30th, 2023. All travelers must execute all enrollment materials including the Release and Agreement, Booking Conditions, and any other required travel documents. All travelers must be in possession of the needed travel documents (i.e., a valid U.S. Passport) when required to travel internationally and must meet all visa entry requirements (if applicable). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award., All trip components, including but not limited to flights, hotels and included meals shall be solely determined and booked by EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at EF Educational Tours’ and EF Explore America’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable, except at the sole distraction of EF Educational Tours or EF Explore America. prize-related expenses, including without limitation federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected at random under the supervision of EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America. Winner will be notified by email or telephone within five (5) days following selection of Winner. EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at EF Educational Tours and EF Explore s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering the Campaign, You understand and agree that EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America, including their licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America. EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such be made, EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America, the Sponsors, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: () such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: This Campaign is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without respect for the conflict of laws doctrine. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that disputes that cannot be resolved between the causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses ( costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: EF Educational Tours, 2 Education Circle Cambridge, MA 02141 USA. Requests must be received no later than January 8, 2022, 5pm EST.
14. Sponsor: This Campaign is sponsored by EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. and EF Explore America, Inc. both located at 2 Education Circle Cambridge, MA 02141 USA.
15. The Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Google.